Karachi: The Sindh government on Friday claimed in the Supreme Court of Pakistan that the compensation had been provided to those affected in Abbas Town blast.
During the hearing of suo motu over the blast at Karachi registry, Sindh Advocate General Anwar Mansoor told the court that Rs1.5 million cheque had been provided to every family.
The larger bench headed by the Chief Justice rejected his statement and remarked that a television report had showed the affected families saying no compensation was provided.
The Investigation Bureau (IB), the Special Branch and the Rangers also submitted their report in the court.
The IB in its report said that they had tipped off major incident in Karachi 14 days before the blast.
“What police and rangers done if they were tipped off by the IB,” the CJ remarked.
Moreover, the CJ summoned former Inspector General Sindh Police Fayyaz Laghari immediately and remarked that he would hear both the officials in his chamber.
Subsequently, Commissioner Karachi Hashim Raza Zaidi told the bench that 118 cheques were ready and would be given the families in the evening.