Finance Minister Muhammad Ali Akhtar presented the budget in the assembly.
Following are some unique features of the budget:
- The total amount of budget is Rs. 24.5 billion
- Rs 1.5 billion have been allocated for non-development expenditure
- About Rs. 9.590 billion have been earmarked for development expenditure
- Top priority has been given to power sector for which Rs. 2.14 billion have been set aside
- About Rs. 975 million have been allocated for transport and communication
- As many as Rs. 629 million have been reserved for education
- More than Rs. 616 million have been allocated for housing and physical planning
- About Rs. 432 million have been set aside for health sector
The assembly while passing resolutions both the president and prime minster of the country condemned the killing of 11 tourists and 01 Pakistani at base camp of Nanaga Perbat mountain.