The sitting of the Cabinet Committee on Security or NSC held in Islamabad, the capital city, under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif.
According to official sources, Major Gen Aamir Riaz from Military Intelligence briefed the participants on internal security issues.
Adviser on National Security Sartaj Aziz‚ Interior Minister Ch. Nisar Ali Khan‚ Defence Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif‚ Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid and some other federal ministers besides services chiefs and Chairman Joint Staff Committee are attending the meeting, Radio Pakistan reports.
The military leadership has reiterated its opinion for finalizing policy against Pakistan Taliban as quickly as possible.
The officials say that the prime minister has asked the agencies to tell at least one member of family of persons in their custody to avoid any confusion and mess.
- Dialogues with Taliban will be the first and operation will be the last option
- Pakistan and Afghan intelligence sharing will be boosted
- Strict security system to be placed on Pak-Afghan border to stop crossing of criminal elements
- Secret agencies will inform missing persons’ families about whereabouts of their loved ones
- Peace agreements will India will be pursued in full spirit