Dubai: None Pakistan player have been selected for the men’s World Twenty20 team, which will be held in Bangladesh 2014.
Indian skipper MS Dhoni has been selected as captain for the men’s team of the ICC World Twenty20.
In which included the four players from India, two from both South Africa and West Indies, and one representative each from Australia, Netherlands and Sri Lanka.
The selectors have chosen the players who suited for Bangladesh conditions, on the basis of performances in the recent World Twenty20 tournament only.
Selection Panel Chairman and member of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees, David Boon, said of the selection: “It was a very difficult task for the panel to pick a team of 11 from the exciting players who featured in this tournament.
ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014 Men’s Team of the Tournament (in batting order):
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 200 runs
- Stephan Myburgh (Netherlands) – 224 runs
- Virat Kohli (India) – 319 runs
- JP Duminy (South Africa) – 187 runs
- Glenn Maxwell (Australia) – 147 runs
- MS Dhoni (India – captain, wicketkeeper) – 50 runs, six dismissals
- Darren Sammy (West Indies) – 101 runs
- Ravichandran Ashwin (India) – 11 wickets
- Dale Steyn (South Africa) – nine wickets
- Samuel Badree (West Indies) – 11 wicket
- Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka) – five wickets
- Krishmar Santokie (West Indies) – eight wickets