33.2 C
Perth
December 14, 2019
Image default
Cricket Sports

Australia wants Starc to carry on despite ankle injury

MELBOURNE: Australian Cricket Board has planed to carry on with its frone line paceman Mitchell starc despite his ankle injury for the upcoming Bangladesh tour at the end of this month.

According to details, Mitchell Starc has been suffering from chronic ankle injury that will require surgery and a four-month rest from cricket. selector Rod Marsh said on Monday.

While talking to reporters in Melbourne, Australia, Chief selector of Australian team Rod Marsh said Starc is suffering bone spurs in an ankle but has been retained in Australian 15-man squad for their tour of Bangladesh.

He further told “My understanding of Starc is that he can keep going until it actually gets a hell of a lot worse, and then he will have to have an operation.”

Rod Marsh further added that rest wont help him and he need to carry on with suffering ankle. He said “We have got some pretty important cricket coming including the T20 World Cup and we would like to see Starc lead the attack for that … but if he can t, he can t. But at the moment the plan is for him to keep going.”

It is to be kept in mind that Starc was named as the man of the tournament in the Cricket World Cup earlier in the beginning of this year and since after he is suffering from ankle injury but he is serving Australian side by taking different pain killers and injections.