14.4 C
Perth
November 21, 2019
Image default
Celebrity Gossips Entertainment Lifestyle Top Stories

Madonna loses son’s custody-war to ex-hubby Ritchie

NEW YORK: Pop star Madonna has lost the custody of his teenage son to former husband Guy Ritchie, TheNewsGlobal.com learnt from US media reported.

In a court settlement after divorce, Madonna had to agree on court’s verdict which orders the boy to stay his filmmaker father.

“Their custody case is resolved,” Lucian Chalfen, spokesman for the New York court where the divorced couple had fought for custody of their son Rocco, told AFP on Thursday.

Ritchie’s lawyer, Peter Bronstein told media that the custody agreement was reached Wednesday which orders that the 16-year-old is to remain with his father.

Bronstein was not available to comment on the issue.

Ritchie and Madonna also have a 10-year-old adopted son, David Banda who lives with the mother, but the ex-couple had been battling for Rocco’s custody for months in both US and British courts.

Rocco lives with British father in London, and Madonna wanted him to stay with her in New York.

The celebrity couple divorced in 2008 after eight years of marriage. Madonna aired her feelings about the painful end to their relation in her album “MDNA”, released in March 2012.