HAVELIAN: Pakistan International Airline’s Chitral-Islamabad plane carrying 47 people crashed near Havelian on Wednesday evening, Thenewestribe.com reported.
Search is underway for the flight – PK-661 – on the radar and ground as well.
- All 47 passenger on-board flight are feared dead after a PIA ATR plane crashed near Havelian city of Abbotabad district on Wednesday.
- The CAA spokesman said the plane was scheduled to land at Islamabad airport; hence, the information is being gathered if the plane was crashed.
- A plane coming to Islamabad from Chitral crashes near Abbottabad.
- The said plane took off from Peshawar for Islamabad at 3:50 PM and it was scheduled to reach Islamabad at 4:40 PM.
- The plane did not reach the destiny and it is highly feared that all 47 passengers onboard might be dead.
- Pakistan Army contingents have been sent out to the crash spot.
- Army helicopters have also been mobilised to assist in the search.
- DIG Hazara division Saeed Khan while speaking to Samaa TV stated the fully equipped police party has also been dispatched to the crash site and they will reach there very soon.
- A PIA official issued a statement in Twitter that the aircraft lost its contact with the Control Tower:
A PIA aircraft has lost contact with control tower. Plz see statement below. pic.twitter.com/AVcNXFL6E2
— Danyal Gilani (@Danyal_Gilani) December 7, 2016
- Renowned religious scholar Junaid Jamshed who was onboard PIA’s ATR plane PKR-661 is feared dead.
Heaven on Earth Chitral.
With my friends in the Path of Allah . Snowpacked Tirchmir right behind us pic.twitter.com/ZajcWEKlrG
— Junaid Jamshed (@JunaidJamshedPK) December 4, 2016