ABBOTTABAD: Famous religious scholar and social activist Junaid Jamshed’s last picture before boarding on the PIA plane that crashed in in a village 10 Kilometers from Havalian on the way to Islamabad.
His last Twitter message has been making rounds on social media platforms.
Heaven on Earth Chitral.
With my friends in the Path of Allah. Snowpacked Torchier right behind us pic.twitter.com/ZajcWEKlrG
— Junaid Jamshed (@JunaidJamshedPK) December 4, 2016
According to Samaa News, Junaid Jamshed, who was in Chitral for last few days for preaching reasons, was due to return to Islamabad from this flight.
The brother of Junaid Jamshed has confirmed to Samaa that his brother was onboard on this flight.
What more disturbing is that he was traveling along with his family.
Jamshed rocketed to fame in Pakistan in the 1980s and 1990s as the singer for the Vital Signs rock group and later launched a solo career, with a string of chart-topping albums and hits.
Jamshed retired from music in 2001 and announced that he was devoting his life to Islam, joining the Tableeghi Jamaat religious organization
- All 47 passenger onboard flight are feared dead after a PIA ATR plane crashed near Havelian city of Abbottabad district on Wednesday.
- The CAA spokesman said the plane was scheduled to land at Islamabad airport; hence, the information is being gathered if the plane was crashed.
- A plane coming to Islamabad from Chitral crashes near Abbottabad.
- The said plane took off from Peshawar for Islamabad at 3:50 PM and it was scheduled to reach Islamabad at 4:40 PM.
- The plane did not reach the destiny and it is highly feared that all 47 passengers onboard might be dead.
- Pakistan Army contingents have been sent out to the crash spot.
- Army helicopters have also been mobilised to assist in the search.