A lawsuit filed against the Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacy on groping charges was dropped.
A young man has filed the lawsuit claimed Kevin Spacey groped him in a bar in 2016.
Spacey still faces a criminal charge. He pleaded not guilty to indecent assault and battery in January.
His accuser’s lawyer Mitchell Garabedian announced in an email on Friday that the suit filed on June 26 in Nantucket Superior Court, Massachusetts, has been voluntarily dismissed.
No reason was provided either by Garabedian or in the court filing. Garabedian said he would have no further comment.
According to the court filing, the suit was dismissed “with prejudice”, which means it cannot be refiled.
It says “because no adverse party has served an answer or motion for summary judgment in this matter, plaintiff is dismissing the civil action”.
Spacey’s lawyer Alan Jackson has previously said the man is lying in the hopes of winning money in a civil case against Spacey.
Garabedian’s client, the son of Boston TV anchor Heather Unruh, alleged Spacey got him drunk and sexually assaulted him at the Club Car restaurant where the then 18-year-old man worked as a busboy.
The criminal case has centred on the phone used by the accuser the night of the alleged groping, which the defence says it needs in order to recover text messages it says will support Spacey’s innocence.
Nantucket District Court Judge Thomas Barrett has ordered the man to hand the phone over to the defence, but his lawyer said they cannot find it.
The judge has given them until Monday to produce the phone.